Monday, November 14, 2011

Number 18, November 5, 2011

                                                                                                                     
   Living 4 Jesus 4 Life: #18 November 5, 2011
                           In this Issue.......
          Learn what God has been doing in our lives...
   A chance to share what you are thankful for and be published in the next issue.......
          Prayer Requests...... 
                                                                                                                                               
~ Our Mailbox ~
Thanks!  This is a cool newsletter!
God bless you!  Keep up the good work!

--Mary Danielle

P.S. Actually, "Far Above Rubies" is not the title of my book, it is the title of chapter one.  I don't have a title for the book yet, but I would welcome any suggestions!  Thanks!

Hey! Thanks for my first installment of your news letter! I really like how organized it is, and it is a really neat idea. Keep up with the good work!
~Cora

Thanks a lot for doing the newsletter, I love it! - Loice

Dear Sarah and Autumn
Here is some Reader Feedback: I love it! It is AWESOME! KEEP IT UP! If you need help, Let me know!!! Love you too! God bless!
~ Lydia Hulin~ Thanks~




                                                                                                                                
{Prayer Request}
  • Please pray that my Chinese friend would come to kyounger than her.  ~Loice Morrison 
  • Pray for all the people who don't know Christ that they will come to know Him and be saved - Rachel
  • Please pray for Rebekah's new neighbors, that they will come to know God and that they will have a great friendship with her family!
  • Please pray for a lady in our church who has breast cancer. Erin has 3 kids: 4, 3, and 18 months. You can read about her at erinfray.blogspot.com. - Artiss
  • Please continue to pray for Rebekah's cousin Karen, who has breast cancer. She has five children, and her husband is in the military! Thank you!
  • Pray that God will show Himself to a girl in Elly's gym class and He will change her heart!
  • Pray that my friends mom gets better because she isn't doing very good. ~Elly
  • Please pray for the Hovey and Poole families. They lost a loving mother/grandmother Thursday morning. Please pray that they would be comforted in the fact that they will be reunited with her one day in Heaven. Also be praying for me and all the others that were close to this sweet and loving woman of God, Nanny Hovey. <3 thanks girly's! ~<3SarahElisabeth
  • now Father.  I have been praying for her for a while now and have shared the Good News with her but have not seen much of a response.  I have a burden for her since she has some family difficulties.  She has a younger sister that is somewhere around 10 years


                                                             

Don't forget to send us your prayer requests so we can publish them, or keep them a secret!  
   
     
                                                                                                                                                                       



God Working In My Life

 There is always something that God is doing in my life. Whether it is something big, or something small. He is always doing something. One of the bigger things that He's been working on in my life recently is the area of friends and trusting Him. I have so many long-distance friends that i only see once a year and I have others that I see every Wednesday or Sunday. It's so strange because it seems like I'm better and closer friends with the ones that live so far away or that I don't see often than I am with the ones I see every week on a consistent basis. It's a constant struggle for me trying to figure out why God would make my best friends be so far away from me all the time. It's when I'm missing them most and wondering why, when God comes close and says to me "Sarah, I'm in control. I don't expect you to understand why I'm doing this, but you have to trust Me. Everything that I do is for a special reason." When this happens I just get on my knees and start praying. I thank God for keeping my relationships strong and I thank Him for all of my friends and then I pray for each friend that comes to my mind.
  Every time something hard comes my way, I turn to God and just ask Him for His will to be done. He is the answer to all of my problems. I need to depend on Him for my strength. 

<3SarahElisabeth
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
This is one of my favorite verses and I thought it went pretty good with our topic this week! As ya'll know my birthday was last week. I know all of ya'll have been celebrating birthdays annually for at least a decade now, but this was a pretty big deal for me! I can legally elope now; I can buy lotto tickets, or cigarettes. None of these things are actually very exciting to me though. I can also vote. This I am excited about. Now I get to stand up for what I believe and make a difference in the country I love, where I am blessed to have freedom to share my faith. :)
Many people in our world today look down on teenagers. They see us as irresponsible and foolish, and they EXPECT us to make bad decisions. But this is NOT what God expects from us! In I Timothy 4:12 Paul instructed Timothy, a young Christian, "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou anexample of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." That pretty much covers everything, don't you think? So, now that I am eighteen years old, a legal adult, I have a lot of decisions to make in the next few weeks/months that will affect the rest of my life. And they will affect a lot of other people's lives too. I want to give glory to God in all of it, but I have to have a lot of trust in Him. I have to remember the promise in Jeremiah 29:11 and the command in I Timothy 4:12, and I challenge each of you to do the same!
keep smiling,
autumn clare
----------------------------------------------------------------------
--Creme De Menthe Cake-- by sarah kae
     1 C sugar
     4 eggs
     1 tsp vanilla
     16 oz choc syrup
     1/2 C marg
     1 C flour
     1/2 tsp salt



Mix above ingredients with mixer & pour into greased 9 x 13 pan.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
Mint Layer:
     2 C powdered sugar
     2 Tbsp Creme de menth or 1 1/4 tsp mint extract
     1/2 C marg
     Green food coloring


Mix and spread over cooled cake.


Glaze:
Melt 6oz chocolate chips in 6 Tbsp butter. Spread over cake & chill.
This cake is REALLY good I <333 it! Ya'll enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment