Sunday, August 28, 2011

Number 2, February 12th, 2011


_________________________________________________________________
Living 4 Jesus 4 Life <3 February 12, 2011  
_________________________________________________________________
  "He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful
 also in much:
 and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much." - Luke 16:10
 
~our mailbox~
 
Thanks for the  letter I’ll definitely be praying for Parker. The True Friend article is one of the things that kind of relates to me and helped me understand a TON more. Thanks so much!!!

Artiss Cosette Twibell J  
 
 
In this issue ... meet Autumn and Sarah!
                       ... try a brand-new recipe!
                       ... read about an answered prayer!
 
Send us your prayer requests, and we will either publish them or just keep you in our prayers!
Please keep praying for Parker. He had surgery Thursday!
{two weeks ago}
"I need everyone to pray for a boy I know he is 8 years old and has an infection on a shunt in his head. He a very sweet boy that does not deserve to loose the battle. This is a very bad infection that could kill him so please keep in your prayers and on your mind. He did a therapy treatment with my friend's sister, Tatiana, and she was his friend so pray for him. His family and friends need prayer too so they do not worry, and they know if he does go that he will be in a great place.  He lives in Ohio and is in a wheelchair because he has Cerebral Palsy. Just like Tatiana. Send this to your friends or tell them to pray for Parker! thanks, sarah"
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
SARAH--Well, an important decision that I’ve made and had to give something up was when I went to SMITE camp. It’s a camp where you learn all about how to witness to people and teach Bible Clubs. It was one of the best experiences of my life. Every night there was a church service. And there was at least an hour and a half sermon. One night the preacher preached on your types of music and what you listen to. And he made a really good point on how what you listen to affects the way you think, the way you act, the way you talk, and the way you live. During this sermon I realized that the music I was listening to was not having a positive impact on my life. And none of it was honoring God. So that night I gave up all my music that didn’t honor God. And I made a commitment to throw away all the music I wasn’t going to listen to. The next night another preacher preached on the importance to replace the bad things in your life with good things. So how I was going to get rid of my bad music was not going to be enough. I had to get rid of that music and replace it with good music. So after that week was over I went home and I threw away all my cd’s. I still have not gone back to my old music and I have definitely noticed a positive change in the way I think, act, talk, and live. Little things make a difference.
AUTUMN--In the last newsletter, we said we were going to talk about decisions, making God a part of EVERY decision we make, big, or little. I guess what I'm going to tell you about is a very little decision, but Luke 16:10 tells me that if I am faithful in the little things, I will also be faithful in the big things. God blesses faithfulness.
I am a painter. I love to paint. So I was busy looking up scholarship contests and such one day (as always :) and I found an art contest. It's called the Young American Patriotic Creative Arts Contest. Entries are due at the end of March, and the winner will receive ten thousand dollars. I got so excited when I found this contest and I have been working on my entry for weeks now! Before I ever start one of my paintings, I make a sketch on my canvas of what I want the picture to look like in the end. Then I hairspray it so my paint mediums don't wash the sketch off. Then I paint. By the time I start painting on my canvas, I have the picture all finished in my mind and I know exactly what it will look like when I am finished. As I rolled ideas around in my head for the contest, I decided I wanted to use a little girl's portrait in my entry. My mom thought I should use a Marine's face. I wanted to paint the little girl so bad, and yet I wanted to honor my mom, because I knew God would bless me if I did. She told me it didn't really matter to her. (trust me, she does not dictate my art!) But I couldn't tell if I was really listening to her because she meant it, or if I was listening I was hearing what I wanted to hear. I prayed about my painting and asked God to show me exactly what He wanted me to do, and He did! The result was a brand-new idea, that kind of includes both of ours, which I am now working on! I know that just because I prayed about it doesn't mean I will win, but I can give glory to God through my picture no matter how the contest goes and He will bless me for it!

Knock Knock submitted by Artiss!!JJ
 
Knock knock
Who’s there?
Boo
Boo who?
Well I’ll tell you when you stop crying
not a lot laughed but they all were on the floor balling their eyes out!!! just kidding.


--
If you have a friend with an empty inbox, send us her name and address too!
Check out Sarah's blog at http://alife4christ-sarah.blogspot.com/!!
 
Always wanted to be published? Send us your recipes, craft ideas, jokes, or anything else! Ask a random question or tell us something cool about yourself anytime! We're looking forward to hearing from you!
 
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Snow Cream submitted by Sarah Posey                  6    cups of snow
                  1    cup of carnation evaporated milk
                  1/2 cup of sugar
                  2    tsp of vanilla
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Enter our "text art contest" today!! 
        (\ /)
       (='.'=)
       (")  (")
 
Create your own picture using JUST keys on your keyboard, type it in, and click reply! The winner will be announced in our next issue, February 26!

No comments:

Post a Comment